SAP is a registered trademark of SAP AG. is not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP AG or any of its subsidiaries.

Sign in
User name
case sensitive
Learn more & get connectedSAP training directorySAP forums
Home » Working Abroad » UK Immigration

UK Immigration

UK Immigration

Are you wanting to work or re-locate to the UK? Do you need to check if you need a work permit or do you want to apply now or sponsor an employees work permit? Do you want to find out if you need a visa to be in the UK? Here, have provided you with some information on working in the UK and have teamed up with SkillClear Immigration Services who can offer you further advice and assistance with any questions and queries you may have.

Professional Immigration, Work Permit and Visa Services
Gaining a work permit can be a frustrating and complex process. If you wish to gain assistance with your immigration requirements you should seek Professional Advice and Legal Representation. In the UK such representation or advice should only be provided by a company authorised by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC), as recommended by the Home Office. Other countries have similar requirements for ensuring that any advice provided is correct.

We recommend SkillClear Immigration and Work Permit Services. SkillClear will provide a free initial assessment of your case and advise you of the various options, along with recommending the best course of action and providing full representation for your application. SkillClear offer these services for UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and a range of other countries.

You will also find free online assessments available for Skilled Worker Visas, such as the HSMP (Highly Skilled Migrant Programme).

Visas are required for different nationalities and the foreign and commonwealth office (FCO) offers advice on what you need. Visit their UK visas website, a joint home office and FCO unit which runs the UK’s visa service overseas. You can find out whether you need a UK visa and how you go about applying for one.

Work Permits
There are different options for different nationalities and skills. There are a number of different types of visas that you can apply for depending on your individual circumstances including; visitor/tourist, working holidaymaker, work permit scheme/sponsorship, student, citizenship, residency/indefinite leave to remain, ancestry, family categories, marriage, right of abode.

Employers must apply for work permits, not the employee and they must prove that you are the right person for the job. You must have a job before arriving in the UK and to stay you must continue to work for the same employer. For more information visit the Immigration and Nationality Directorate (IND)’s government work permits web site. You can also read SkillClear's UK Work Permit Guide.

Work Permits (UK) is part of the Home Office's Immigration and Nationality Directorate and they administer the work permit arrangements on behalf of the UK government. This site provides information on the Work Permit arrangements, application forms and guidance on how to apply.

Highly skilled Migrant Programme

Tier 1 HSMP Visa for Highly Skilled Migrants

This UK Visa is for Highly Skilled Migrants and provides the right to work for any employer in any capacity, including setting up your own business in the UK, without the employer needing to sponsor a work permit. The Tier 1 Visa is granted for an initial period of 3 years and applicants qualify based on achieving a certain level of points, these being awarded primarily for age, qualifications, past earnings and UK experience.

The Tier 1 General Visa is a replacement for the previous Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) and one of the most popular visas for working in the UK. To find out if you might qualify you can complete SkillClear's Tier 1 HSMP Points Calculator.

Find out more about the Tier 1 HSMP Visa

UK Embassies
In order to locate and view the contact details of the UK’s embassies, high commissions and consulates in any country over the world visit the foreign and commonwealth office (FCO) website. They are the UK's Government department responsible for foreign affairs.

Some ‘British Information Service’ or ‘High Commission’ include:
South Africa
Featured links
Compare your SAP Salary
Find out how much you should be getting paid
German speaking SAP Forum
SAP Jobs via Twitter
Follow us on Twitter
Security and Access Analyst
Security and Access Analyst - London
NewsPress ReleasesSAP AG NewsSAP ArticlesTechnologyWorking AbroadUK Work Permits & VisasSkilled MigrationHighly Skilled Migrant SchemeAustralian ImmigrationCanadian ImmigrationUK ImmigrationUSA ImmigrationForumsNon TechnicalSAP R/3 ForumSAP NetweaverSAP CustomersSAP Business OnemySAPCompanyContact UsSAP SurveyPartnersPrice PlanSAP Salary Comparison SAP LinksRegisterRegister as a CandidateRegister as a Recruitment AgencyRegister as a Hiring Company
SAP is a registered trademark of SAP AG. is not affiliated to SAP AG or any of its subsidiaries.